Costing Accountant #AJW
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Mar 04, 2021
- Business partner role; providing financial analysis and reviewing monthly performance, production yield loss analysis, margin analysis and reporting for the inventory month end closes and assisting the business in the development, implementation, measurement of BOM build up for new product, KPIs and financial objectives.
- Perform inventory reconciliation process and govern Supply Chain and Manufacturing team between business units to execute the procedures with control mechanism internally for tolling manufacturing process.
- Support tax planning for standard cost setting and segmental operating margin validation activities and provides support for all standard cost uploads and cost roll up by each business unit on regularly basis.
- Manage financial control and reporting of inventory issues in conjunction with functions, Manufacturing and Supply Chain, including accounting, valuation, obsolescence management e.g., analyze, and review inventory adjustments done by Manufacturing and Supply Chain; verify reasonableness and identify process order issues, and work out the scrap sales process flow on inventory items with Supply Chain team.
- Actively collaborate with manufacturing team and site’s General Ledger Accountant to ensure the accuracy of the actual periodic unit price for material ledger provision computation and cos center cycle calculation for production costs calculation on monthly basis.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset reporting database for fixed asset additions and disposals, transfers and other changes. Prepare recurring and non-recurring general ledger journal and fixed asset entries. This also includes leading the discussions on the level of asset componentization with respect to compliance IFRS standard and the Company’s accounting policies, determining the correct asset classification, depreciation life, depreciation method, and proper accounting treatment for fixed assets
- Actively collaborate with various functions such as, IT, Procurement, Vendor Financial Operations and Manufacturing team to review, analyse and implement and standarize procedures including upstream processes for manufacturing, trading and tolling manufacturing segments by providing advice and guidance to cross functions on areas impacting Costing and Fixed Assets reporting.
- Perform the borrowing costs calculation quarterly which is attributable to the plant construction to capitalize it in the cost of the asset.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Degree holder in Accounting or Finance is minimum
- Qualified CPA, ACCA or its equivalent
- Minimum of 4-5 years of inventory, costing and fixed asset management experience in a Multi-National Company (MNC)
- Big 4 CPA experience preferred
- Good working experience in SAP, FICO & Production Process module.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- In-depth knowledge in Singapore Financial Reporting Standards & IFRS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Meticulous, organized & both results & detail-oriented.
- Possess good analytical, problem-solving skills with passion to pursue business process excellence to drive efficiencies and issues resolutions
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653
EA no. 16S8107jace@searchasia.com.sg