Custom & Trade Compliance Manager (#AJW)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Feb 16, 2021
- Develop effective internal controls surrounding local import / export process to ensure site compliance with division and corporate requirements, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert and advisor regarding compliant import / export of goods and participate in business tenders related to customs and trade compliance.
- Apply advanced knowledge of local and international (US) import/export regulations and requirements, staying abreast of new regulations and programs that may impact the business.
- Manage Customs projects / initiatives, research customs requirements / restrictions / free trade agreements; train internal/external customers to ensure corporate customs compliance policies and procedures are implemented.
- Supervise all the Customs and Trade Compliance activities across all business units (eg. Strategic Goods Control, FTA schemes, US Export / Foreign Trade Controls, efficacy of permit declarations, impact of Dangerous Goods regulations on customs clearance for DG classified shipments, special customs clearance procedures, i.e CARNET and etc).
- Resolve issues and address any customs or government agency issues.
- Liaise with outsourced Permit Declaring Agent contractors and manage performance to ensure complete and accurate information is provided to Customs.
- Conduct periodic audits of customs compliance procedures and documentation.
- Good knowledge in HS Code Classification is required
- Must have good program and project management skills to work directly with customers and internal partners on trade & custom regulatory compliance.
- Good knowledge on Strategic Goods Management, Export Control and Internal Compliance Program (ICP) will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of various Customs Schemes like ZG, Licensed warehouse etc with TradeFIRST banding certifications.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree of any discipline, preferably in Logistics & Supply Chain / Business Administration.
- Customs & Trade Control related certifications
- Min. 5 years in Customs & Trade Compliance related field
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653
EA no. 16S8107