Customs & Trade Compliance Manager (Manufacturing/3PL) #AJY
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jan 11, 2021
- Develop effective internal controls surrounding local import / export process to ensure site compliance with division and corporate requirements, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert and advisor regarding compliant import / export of goods and participate in business tenders related to customs and trade compliance.
- Apply advanced knowledge of local and international (US) import/export regulations and requirements, staying abreast of new regulations and programs that may impact the business.
- Manage Customs projects / initiatives, research customs requirements / restrictions / free trade agreements; train internal/external customers to ensure corporate customs compliance policies and procedures are implemented.
- Supervise all the Customs and Trade Compliance activities across all business units (eg. Strategic Goods Control, FTA schemes, US Export / Foreign Trade Controls, efficacy of permit declarations, impact of Dangerous Goods regulations on customs clearance for DG classified shipments, special customs clearance procedures, i.e CARNET and etc).
- Resolve issues and address any customs or government agency issues.
- Liaise with outsourced Permit Declaring Agent contractors and manage performance to ensure complete and accurate information is provided to Customs.
- Conduct periodic audits of customs compliance procedures and documentation.
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented in response to any findings in the import/export compliance audits.
- Ensure work processes stay relevant to current operating arena and customer expectations.
- Work with Regional & Corporate Customs & Trade Compliance team to develop effective training programs and provide training to Singapore as needed.
- Bachelor Degree of any discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years in Customs & Trade Compliance related field
- Good knowledge in HS Code Classification is required
- Good knowledge on Strategic Goods Management, Export Control and Internal Compliance
Program (ICP) will be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Jasmine Lai Jia Ying (R1767825)
EA License No.: 16S8107