EHS Engineer (Process Safety Chemicals) #AJY
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Jan 22, 2021
- To maintain and implement environment, health, safety and security management framework and programs on site.
- To educate employees on the workplace EHSS policies, process safety management, construction project safety and environmental protection, procedures and programs.
- Demonstrate commitment and compliance to EHSS policy by communicating EHSS information to employees, being knowledgeable of specific compliance requirements in areas of responsibilities and verifying active implementation.
- Advise management on EHSS matters as stipulated in local government EHSS related legislations and requirements.
- Monitor all new or changes in EHSS related regulations. Conduct gap analysis and ensure that the plant has programs and control in place to ensure good compliance.
- Work closely with local Government Authorities to ensure plant has all the relevant working permits and licenses regarding EHSS matters. Maintain a good working relationship with all the relevant Government Authorities.
- Lead, organize and participate actively in various EHSS activities (e.g. EHSS training, safety risk assessment review, PHA, MOC, correction of EHSS hazards, unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviours in the plant).
- Lead and/ or participate in EHSS incident/ accident investigation and reporting. Ensure complete and thorough investigations and timely follow-up all recommended actions by respective assigned employees.
- Lead team to develop site EHSS procedures, programs and controls including measurements and results analysis. Obtain management endorsements and support from all functions.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of EHSS training programs to all existing and new employees.
- Develop and maintain site emergency response team’s capabilities, efficiency and readiness.
- Maintain an effective industrial hygiene and health program to monitor employee exposures to chemical and physical risks; ensure no occupational related health problems.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Environmental Engineering/ Engineering or any relevant
- Registered as a Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO) with Ministry of Manpower
- Registered as a Fire Safety Manager (FSM) with Singapore Civil Defence Force
- Strong in Process Safety Management
- At least 5 -8 years of relevant work experience in a chemical plant
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Jasmine Lai Jia Ying (R1767825)
EA License No:. 16S8107