Senior Engineer, Commodity (#AJW)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore | Posted: Feb 16, 2021
This role will be responsible for managing the Temperature Product commodities (including Twell, Sensors etc.) in Asia. The job scope includes setting Temperature commodity strategies; collaborate with Supplier base on Quality, Speed, Cost and Service levels to support factories' book-build-ship/ customers' demand requirements. This includes supplier sourcing, development, contracting & cost negotiations. The role requires the alignment with key stakeholders including AP Operations & Global Commodity team needs in terms of purchasing strategies, policies and tactics to achieve objective. Key objective is to add value to the company through managing performance aspects of suppliers.
- Active pursue on Cost Savings via Negotiation, Consolidation & Leverage and E-sourcing tools with Key Global Supply Chain Strategic goals in mind.
- Extended arm of the Global Supply Chain located in AP, driving AP initiatives supporting AP sites’ opportunities.
- Achieves supplier quality, delivery, lead time and cost performance goals on key commodities for new and existing product programs.
- Supports in resolving supplier quality problems and improve supplier manufacturing and business processes.
- Identifies, researches and implements new materials and manufacturing technologies to improve the company's competitive position.
- Lead Supplier development and align with key internal/ Global stakeholders.
- Participates, as assigned, and supports division/ corporate programs including NMI, DPO, Best Cost Country sourcing, Direct Buy initiatives, Reverse Auctions, corporate negotiations, Inflation Model, Parts Analysis & Contract management etc.
- Supports other department/ functions by providing, as required, pricing data, lead-times, samples, catalogues, new designs and market trends.
- Confers with Quality Assurance, Development Engineering and Marketing to clarify specifications and assure an accurate understanding of the quality required.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with critical suppliers to assure a high level of focus on total quality and cost effectiveness.
- Provides regionalization & risk mitigation input to ensure surety of material supplies.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and drive key improvement matrices.
- Partakes in AP key initiatives to drive opportunities for improvement across the Supply Chain.
- Plans and conducts regular business reviews with Key Suppliers to ensure aligned goals & business directions.
- Provides management with regular recommendations/ updates on commodity matrices performance & related commodity strategies moving forward.
- Assists tactical buyers with problem resolution and provide procedural guidance.
- Degree in Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in related Supply Chain function of Commodity Management, Supplier Performance Engineering, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Strong project management skills with excellent communication skills including presentation and negotiation.
- Working knowledge and trained in Lean techniques; SPC, 6-Sigma and Process Improvement tools.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653jace@searchasia.com.sg
EA no 16S8107