• Responsible for leading a team of Project Managers (PM) and Project Support team that are based in Singapore. and managed projects in the region.
• Chairs project review meetings with PMs and various stakeholders for each project to determine the risks of meeting the projects' contractual obligations and work with AP Project Management Office (PMO) Leader, PM and project organization members to mitigate the risks.
• Collaborates with Customers, PMO Team members and other stakeholders to achieve business goals.
• Attends project kick off meetings to ensure effective flow of information between customers and project organization members.
• Works with AP PMO Leader and AP PMO Program Management Team to ensure that the Singapore based project management team is right sized to effectively support the projects in the funnel.
• Works with PMs to solve issues quickly and effectively to meet the original or realigned contractual obligations of each project order.
• Works with Global / AP PMO Program Management Team and Emerson Human Resource team to ensure the Singapore based Project Management team is equipped with the skills and competencies needed to achieve business goals.
• Drives for results to improve business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like On Time Delivery, Gross Profit, Finished Goods Inventory, Orders Booking, Orders Shipment.
• Works with PMs and their Project organizations to establish potential issues that may negatively affect the company's ability to meet the contractual obligations of each project.
• Works with PMs to manage and align with customer’s performance expectations for each project.
• Provides timely feedback to various functional leaders if any specific functional team member in the Project organization does not meet the performance expectations required by the Customer and the Project Manager.
• Works with PMs and project organization to establish post-delivery lessons learnt and best practices to be used for future projects.
• Meets up with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies and End User companies to understand their performance expectations
• Be involved in early engagement discussions between Project Pursuit Team, Sales Team and Customers for mega projects to understand the requirements of the order
• Ensures compliance of workplace safety rules, including but not limited to the usage of a personal protective equipment, if provided to you, while working; not involve in any unsafe or negligent act that may endanger peers or oneself; reporting unsafe work conditions and providing suggestions to improve safety/ health at work, as needed.
• Masters or Bachelor’s Degree holder in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Software Engineering.
• Minimum 10 years of experience managing engineering projects involving plant monitoring instruments and/or system solutions.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing cross functional teams.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Very high sense of urgency to meet contractual obligations agreements with customer.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional team members.
Jocelyn Ho Wen Mun (R1658156)
EA License: 16S8107